Sunday, February 21, 2010

'Symphonic Works of African-American Composers,' Oakland Public Conservatory of Music, Feb. 27

[Quincy Hilliard]

Oakland Public Conservatory of Music
Symphony Orchestra
Sandra I Noriega - Artistic Director
Saturday, February 27, 2010 - 3:30 PM
Concert Hosted by
The American Legion East Oakland – Post 471
Oakland Veterans Memorial Building
200 Grand Avenue at Harrison St., Oakland, 94610
This free concert is dedicated to the Symphonic Works of
African-American Composers

James P Johnson, The Charleston
Florence Beatrice Price, The Oak
Quincy Hilliard, Universal Covenant
Variations on an African Hymnsong
William Grant Still, Serenade
Amadeo Roldan, Ritmica No. 5







Comments by email
Thanks for playing my music. I wish that I could be there. Maybe another time in the future. Quincy C. Hilliard
******************************************************
Thank you so much for doing this. I hope we will be able to draw a good audience for the concert. Victoria Theodore is my pianist and will be playing at this concert on The Charleston. Again, thanks for all you do through your organization, Musically yours, Sandra I Noriega

No comments: