Saturday, November 13, 2010

In Finland, Mokale Koapeng conducts workshops on South African music & performs it as well




[From TOP: Mokale Koapeng on the piano; Mokale Koapeng with members of Oulonsalon Choir; Mokale Koapeng with music students and musicians in Oulu, Finland]

Mokale Koapeng is a prominent South African composer and choral director who sends us news periodically. These excerpts are from his latest message:

“I have just come back from a three week visit to Finland, where I conducted workshops on South African music and had two performances. Some of my compositions were performed there.

“I was the 2010 composer-in-residence of the IHLOMBE! South African Choral Festival. A performance of the world premiere of my composition 'Letlang Bana: Let the Children Decide' was at the historic Regina Mundi, in Soweto, July.”

No comments: