Wednesday, December 8, 2010

primegirl: "How kind of you to find my blog posting on 'artistry' about William Grant Still's work worthy of sharing on your blog!"

[Africa: Piano Music of William Grant Still; Denver Oldham, piano; Koch 3 7084 2H1 (1991)]

On Dec. 4, 2010 AfriClassical posted: “primegirl rediscovered the amazing african american composer william grant still.” We have received a comment on the post from primegirl:

“Dear Mr. Zick-
How kind of you to find my blog posting on 'artistry' about William Grant Still's work worthy of sharing on your blog! I am new to africlassical.com, which seems unfathomable to me given my love of music and history, but I want to thank you so much for your work, and for your introducing me (and countless others, I'm sure) to contemporary artists of African descent who are engaged in high quality classical music.”

“Best regards, and continued thanks for all of your work bringing this wonderful and rich material to light--
Warmly,
primegirl

No comments: