Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 1 of contest to win a copy of 'My Life, My Words: The Autobiography of William Grant Still, American Master Composer'

[My Life, My Words: The Autobiography of William Grant Still, American Master Composer; With additional material by Judith Anne Still; The Master-Player Library, Flagstaff, Arizona (2011)]

Yesterday AfriClassical posted: “Win 'My Life, My Words: The Autobiography of William Grant Still, American Master Composer' July 3-6, 2011.” Today is Day 1 of the contest. Two of the works of William Grant Still which were rehearsed for a Naxos recording by the Fort Smith Symphony on April 16, 2011 were Symphony No. 2 (Song of a New Race) and Symphony No. 3 (The Sunday Symphony). Music Director John Jeter conducted.

To enter to win a copy of My Life, My Words: The Autobiography of William Grant Still, American Master Composer, and a copy of IN ONE LIFETIME by the composer's wife, Verna Arvey, answer this question:

What is the name of the third work?

A winner will be chosen randomly from the correct entries. The winner will be contacted by email and AfriClassical.com will send the prize to the winner. To enter, send an email to wzick@ameritech.net with “My Life, My Words” in the subject line. Entries must be received by midnight Eastern Daylight Time on Wednesday, July 6, 2011. One entry per person please. [William Grant Still (1895-1978) is profiled at AfriClassical.com, where a complete Works Lists by Prof. Dominique-René de Lerma is featured.]



No comments: