Friday, July 22, 2011

Research inquiry on film of 'life story' of Afro-British Composer Samuel Coleridge-Taylor (1875-1912)

[Samuel Coleridge-Taylor]

AfriClassical.com profiles the Afro-British composer and conductor Samuel Coleridge-Taylor (1875-1912). A visitor to the website sends this research inquiry:

“I’m trying to find the life story of this composer in film. I saw it somewhere but I can’t seem to find it today. I’ve been thinking it was Public television program. I was living in Atlanta at the time, today I’m living in Nashville. I would appreciate your help in trying to find this film.”

1 comment:

Hilary Burrage said...

Perhaps you would like to visit the Samuel Coleridge-Taylor Foundation website, to see some info about a number of those who are working on SC-T's life history: http://www.sctf.org.uk?

You might also like to post an enquiry on the LinkedIn Samuel Coleridge-Taylor Group, which has in its membership (all welcome...) several people with knowledge of the films which have been made about Coleridge-Taylor.

Best wishes,
Hilary Burrage
(Exec Chair, SCTF)