Sunday, January 20, 2013

Arthur R. LaBrew: 'I won first place in the piano competition of the National Association of Negro Musicians in 1948 not 1958.'

The Musicologist: A Biography of Prof. Arthur LaBrew

On January 19, 2013 AfriClassical posted a Correction to:

Arthur R. LaBrew writes today:


Thanks for the correction. Others have realized it was a typo. Another correction might be I won first place in the piano competition of the National Association of Negro Musicians in 1948 not 1958. So many new comers to NANM continue to say I did not win the prize. However, Nora Douglass Holt (bless her heart) was there in 1948 and took my picture and published it in the Amsterdam News.

I hope that De Lerma's calling me "A Patriarch" will not offend the many female writers.
 
Sincerely,
 
Arthur R. LaBrew

No comments: