Monday, August 5, 2013

Opera Singer Amber Mercomes Seeks Advice on Career Development

Amber Mercomes

John Malveaux of www.MusicUNTOLD.com writes:

Dear Africlassical audience and others:
 
MusicUNTOLD has had the pleasure of engaging Amber Mercomes on numerous programs and found her preparation, talent, and performance to be exemplary. Please see letter below and contact Amber with information you believe may be helpful to her. 
 
Dear teachers, coaches, mentors, and friends!

I hope this finds all of you well. If you're receiving this letter, you have been highly influential in my life. 

I am looking for advice, tips, steps in the right direction regarding my opera career. To give you all an update--I sing full time. So that's the good news! Most of you know I performed a small role in Porgy and Bess at LAO and SFO, performed the title role of SUOR ANGELICA at Operafestival di Roma, performed a small role at LB Opera, and sing locally at galas, fundraisers, and other local functions in the LA area. As well as Equity musicals full time.

I'm represented commercially and theatrical with BBR Talent and have been performing full time at Disneyland for two years. 

So what does any of this have to do with you? I want opera back in my life (for good) and I am planning to travel to Europe for a while to explore a career there. I've saved up money and I have a place to live. I just need to know who to sing for and how to go about it. 

I will be finishing a production of Ain't Misbehavin' in San Diego Oct 14 and plan to leave from there to Belgium. (That will be home base) 

Even if you don't have any info that might help, I would love any referrals you might have who could point me in the right direction. 

On another note, I sincerely miss you all and want to thank each and every one of you for impacting my life in the way you have. 

Call, email, text, or Facebook me. Even if it's just to chat. 
Feel free to forward my contact info to anyone else who may be able to help. 



310-940-9877

No comments: