Friday, March 7, 2014

Dr. Stan Ford on H. Leslie Adams: 'I first heard his preludes performed at a NANM convention. He not only sent me the score...but also of some of his etudes...'

Dr. Stan Ford, Professor of Piano 
at the Mozarteum, Salzburg, Austria

[The H. Leslie Adams (b. 1932) Homepage is at: 
http://www.hleslieadams.com  H. Leslie Adams is profiled at AfriClassical.com, which features a comprehensive Works List by Prof. Dominique-René de Lerma, http://www.CasaMusicaledeLerma.com]


On March 6, 2014 AfriClassical posted: 



H. Leslie Adams wrote:

Dear Bill,


Re lecture recital, do you have a date when this event took place (or will take place)?  Also the name of the performer, if if known, and the relationship of Stan Ford to the event.  

The information was a little vague.

Thanks,

Leslie

The inquiry of H. Leslie Adams was forwarded to Dr. Stan Ford, who replied:

Dear Dr. Zick,
Thank you for forwarding the inquiry from L. Adams.  He and I were in communication many years back when I first heard his preludes performed at a NANM convention. He not only sent me the score of the preludes, but also of some of his etudes he was composing at the time.  I performed his Preludes on several occasions throughout Europe and in the States. He will be pleased to also know that a pre-college student of mine performed one of his preludes in competition in the finals of Prima la musica where he earned 2nd place over 6 years ago.

In the Fall of 2013 I was extended an invitation to introduce piano solo works of American composers to Austrian teachers in the Tyrol region. I was very pleased to see that several of the works I introduced appeared on programs for the Prima la musica competition this year.
I hope this clears up some questions Mr. Adams might have. If he would like to know more, he is free to contact me at his earliest convenience.

Sincerely
Stan Ford

Dr. Stan Ford's reply was forwarded to H. Leslie Adams, who wrote:

Dear Bill,

Thanks so much for the information.  Really appreciate.  hla



Comment by email:
Bill: So nice to hear news of Stan Ford, an old friend from CBMR days. And I'm also delighted that Leslie's piano pieces have "taken off" in Europe.  Suzanne [Suzanne Flandreau]

No comments: